Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday Presents


We had our youngest daughters sixth birthday party on Saturday. Now that she is finally interested in reading she insisted that I point to each word as I read her invitation. I can't skip words anymore!
So when I read the part, "Please don't buy me a present but you might like to make me one, like some nice biccies or a picture," she said, "No, Mummy. I like presents from the shop."
We compromised with "home made/kid made presents welcome."

She did get some little tea cup biscuits and some drawings, and a tiny God's eye made with cotton and toothpicks, which was lovely. She also got a doll and laugh's when you press it's tummy, a beading kit and a "make a stain glass window" kit. She thinks it's all great, except that we haven't been able to make the stain glass window since it needs to be baked, and I am not turning the oven on when it's 39 C.

I made her a little doll. I also gave her three beeswax candles and a little packet of decorating wax, which she loved using, and a tiny tree puzzle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday and manu, many years!

The doll looks beautiful, as do the God's eye and biscuits!

Sarah said...

Thanks Ian. Sorry, I can't work out this comment thing on blogger. I need to get comments emailed to me so I can respond to you!

The biscuits do look beautiful - but very sweet!