Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Birthday Presents


I've always tried to impress on my kids that they don't need a lot of stuff. For presents I always request homemade things, and we put on invitations that go out from our house, "you don't have to buy me a present, but you might like to make me something nice, like a picture or some biccies." My daughter has developed a policy of making birthday presents for everyone now. Whenever she gets a birthday invitation she asks, "What can we make for a birthday present?" We've made flags with bamboo from the garden, biccies, pictures, mammoth cards, lavender sachets, given flowers from the garden, and this latest present is a wide headband made from our bag of material scraps.

I'm quite proud of it really. The pattern comes from Altered Cloth

Now of course, I've had to make one for all the kids, son included. His is narrow in plain brown. At least it keeps his hair out of his eyes. Although I don't think Dad is too keen on his boy in a headband. I might make one for me too.

No comments: